15 February 2012

In Defense of the Booty Call

by Samantha Cayto 

I can honestly say that sex with my husband is the best sex I’ve ever had. We know each other’s bodies so well – touch here, lick there, satisfaction guaranteed. We can also comfortably critique each other – slow down, speed up, get off my hair! After over twenty-five years, our sex life is better than ever and we still love to try new things.

So now that I’ve proven my devotion to one man, let me reminisce about the pleasure of the one-night stand. Before I fell in love (something I was always looking for), I lusted after men. I would see a guy at a party or in a bar and I’d get this tickle way down low in my belly. It was my lady parts urging me to go and introduce myself. If after talking to him for a while I decided he was a nice guy or at least wasn’t an asshole and I had a safe place to go, then getting physical was the logical next step. Sometimes there was no chance of anything more than one night (I was on vacation, or he was from out of town), but that was okay, too. One night of fun, if done responsibly, has a lot to recommend it. It’s a burst of passion, made all the more exciting because it won’t be repeated. Get your pleasure in now, ladies and gentlemen, because the ride will soon be over.

When I thought of a short story for the The Edge, a woman taking charge and bearding the lion in his den, so to speak, naturally came to mind. I like women to be assertive. I was never the kind to wait for a guy to come to me. I go after what I want. What’s the worst that can happen, he says no?! I can live with rejection. I can’t live with regret; the what-ifs of life drive me crazy. I’m also convinced that part of what adds to the satisfaction of monogamy is the memories of what happened before you meet “the one.” I don’t have to wonder if my husband is better than other lovers would be – I know he is.

Not all sex has to lead to love. My advice is if you see a guy you want, go for it! But please, ladies, be safe!

7 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at "get off my hair" that I was thankful no one was home to hear me! Nothing like a dose of reality to liven things up! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess that it was such a common problem, I eventually just cut it - the hair, that is.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Faith! There's no long-haired woman who doesn't know that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advise to the single ladies out there. I whole-heartedly agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great when you are comfortable enough with a person to critique them in the bedroom and not worry about losing them. That's true love to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what YOU SAID, Samantha! You nailed it (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete