22 July 2013

In Honor of the San Diego ComicCon


In honor of the SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) that I can't attend this year, and probably never will, I thought I would answer a question I was asked the other day for this blog post.

What is your favorite fandom and why?

This is a hard question because I fall in love so easily, with everything and anything that is bold enough to snag my heart. Yesterday it was Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling's attempt to validate herself before she was thwarted. The day before that it was the tenth doctor with his crazy hair, converse, and goofy smile you can't help but love.

Today however it's Sherlock Holmes. Not one incarnation in particular, although both Johnie Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch could warm my bed anytime, it's Sherlock Holmes all together as a character. I love the sarcastic remarks he makes that go way over everyone's head. I love his habitual cocaine habit that John Watson hates. I love how he has no interest in sex therfor he shouldn't be attractive to me as a character. I think I adore him because he is the opposite of me. I jump without looking, I miss the smallest nuances of politics or subterfuge in a conversation, I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't care who knows it.

There are so many lovely characters out there, for instance in my latest Decadent release, The Midnight Masquerade, the character I adored was Ash. He was inspired by a person I once knew, all passion and heat, someone I cared for and will never forget even if we aren't together. Characters, both real and made-up, are meant to have an impact on our lives and our minds. It's what makes books, movies, tv, and live fascinating.


So...go on with your fandom! Wear those TARDIS, Torchwood, Doctor Who, and comic book character X t-shirts with aplomb...and if someone at SDCC can get a video of Matt Smith saying 'Hi' to me I'll write my next book about you ;)

5 comments:

  1. Heh Monica, I'm wearing my Gabrielle, Bard of Poteidaia shirt right now! You remember Xena...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely remember Xena. I find Lucy Lawless ageless :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there are so many that I love, but I don't have any paraphernalia for the people or shows. Lol.
    Currently my obsession is Game of Thrones! The TV show, not the books. I haven't read them, but intend to once the show goes off air. I don't like the changes from the books to shows and don't want to ruin either experience by trying to do both and getting frustrated by the differences. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly I read the books for the True Blood series before it came on air and now I can't even try and watch the show. Look on etsy you will find a ton of awesome paraphernalia for GoT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch the show, but have not read the books yet. I completely understand how you feel.
      I realized the issue when I was reading the Vampire Diaries and then the show came on and Elena was the complete opposite of the book. I was really aggravated. Lol.
      I will have to check out Etsy. Thanks!

      Delete